sunnuntai 9. helmikuuta 2014

Blueberry smoothie -Superfresh!

Oooooh mama, this was fresh! Probably the best tasting smoothie I've made for awhile. Just as a side-note, my father always says that every time he makes fish-soup, it's his best so far. I figured I can start my tradition here with this smoothie.
Smoothies are nice and easy to make for those lazy days when one just doesn't feel like starting to cook before she is starving. I want to say, I think a lot of human relationships would thrive much better if people would just nourish themselves before they get hANGRY(=hungry+angry)... So, if you have pushed yourself too far (too long without food) it's better to make one of these and then continue to cook some real food when your moods=bloodsugar levels are back to normal.










Preparation time: 1-5 minutes, depending on your tiredness/hangover/hunger etc.

Ingredients:

2 dl apple juice
2 dl Turkish yogurt (or any other yogurt, you can make it healthier with less fat, but in my opinion some fat is very good for a vegetarian and the Turkish 10% yogurt is delicious!)
1 dl frozen berries (blue berries in this occasion, but you can substitue with any other sweet berry)
1 banana

Everything in and then just pulse once or twice and blend for a little bit to ensure you crushed all those berries. I garnished the drink with 3 whole frozen berries, but as my husband thought they looked like little pices of poop, you don't have to do that!



PS. Making smoothies has gotten me to miss my magic bullet (courtesy of my step-mom-in-law). I had to leave my super-handy bullet behind when we came back to Finland from America. In May we shall be reunited, and maybe I'll tempt you to get one of those for yourself as well!
PPS. Sad update: My magic bullet was brought to Finland. During the flight my new gel polish got all over it and it did not work in Finland with a regular electric converter. Sad, sad story of a dead Magic Bullet.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti