keskiviikko 5. maaliskuuta 2014

Twisted Good Mediterranean Salad

While listening to the Cannabis-debate in Finland, I decided to make this new recipe I found on Pinterest (link below). I don't know why I always have to do something simultaneously with cooking, usually it results in at least some water boiling over and making a huge mess! Anyhow, today I managed to do three things: listen to a lady who's been smoking weed since the 70's, cook, and listen to my husband pondering about why I am interested in the marijuana conversation to begin with, as we do not smoke.


Continues and goes into a political rambling....

Yes, why would I ever be interested in something that does not directly involve me? Personally I may not be affected much when the talk is about drugs, gay marriage and their adoption rights, and heck, let's say whether muslims are or are not able to build a mosque in New York City. But I think as a society we should be concerned on how we treat minorities, even if we personally belong to the majority.

But, enough politics, lets cook!
The salad on my new tablecloth;)


  • Time: 20 min, Serves: 4
  • 0.5 cups or about 1 dl quinoa + double the water for boiling
  • 1 little box of cherry tomatoes or 3-4 regular tomatoes
  • 1 small red onion
  • 0.5 cups or 1 dl olives (black, kalamata, whatever you like)
  • 0.5 cups or 1 dl feta (just put however much comes in your package)
  • 1 can chickpeas, drained
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons olive or artichoke oil (could also use the sun dried tomato oil if you have that left over)
  • Herbs: anything Italian for example: oregano, basil, garlic
  • salt and pepper if you wish



1. Boil water, add quinoa, let boil for 15 min. 2. Cut veggies into little pieces while waiting for quinoa 3. crumble feta and drain chickpeas 4. put everything to a large bowl, mix quinoa in as well (I noticed you didn't really have to let it cool down)

PS. If you have a sensitive tummy as I do, you might want to consider cooking the onion a bit before putting it on, or using spring onions, or not using onions at all. 

It's modified version from Closet Cooking blog, here is the link http://www.closetcooking.com/2014/01/mediterranean-quinoa-salad.html#_a5y_p=1163528

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti